Thank you http://www.busymindthinking.com/ for nominating me.
I am so grateful for all of the encouragement that I’ve gotten from this blogger in particular, and to the many others that have taken the time to read what I’ve written.
This has been so much fun!
11 Random facts about me:
1. I have two amazing children.
2. I live in a house that was built in 1920.
3. I’ve lived in California, Maryland, Tennessee, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
4. I run 8 miles a day 5 times a week – and hopefully will run a marathon someday soon.
5. I love making green juices.
6. I’ve been trying to stop drinking coffee for years. (I just can’t quit you!)
7. Legends of the fall is one of my favorite movies.
8. I know how to tap dance.
9. I was home schooled from 3rd grade through 9th grade.
10. I wake up at 4:30 everyday.
11. Someday I’d love to go backpacking along the Pacific Coat Trail like in the book “Wild”.
The questions I was asked:
1) When you smile, out of the blue, what initiates that smile?
It’s usually because of my children. Watching their interactions with each other.
2) What’s your favorite book?
It’s tough for me to pick just one. I loved “The Red Tent” by Anita Diamante.
3) What’s your favorite song?
Again, this is so tough, but I love “Josephine” by Teitur.
4) What’s your favorite color?
Green. It seems like the symbol of all things natural.
5) What does being nominated say to you?
It says that someone appreciated me, which is huge! Especially because there was a time that I had given up writing because I lacked the confidence to do it. I’m so glad that I got over that because otherwise this wouldn’t be happening!
6) What inspires you to write?
Music most of the time, but sometimes it’s just trying to get to the bottom of a feeling and really trying to pick it apart and understand it.
7) Do you enjoy your work?
Being a stay at home mom is awesome and an opportunity that a lot of moms don’t have. I sometimes don’t think of it as work because there is not a time off. It’s constant and wonderful.
8) Do you have a hobby, besides writing?
I run about 8 miles a day, and I’m a raw food enthusiast, although I cannot get myself to eat that way 100% of the time.
9) If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Italy. I had the opportunity to study abroad there years ago, but decided not to and have often wondered what it would be like.
10) What’s your favorite inspirational quote?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its while life believing that it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein
11) How did you find this wonderful site?
I believe that I did a search on inspiration and life, and this blog was in that listing.
My Nominees… (These are some of the wonderful blogs that help inspire and encourage me daily.)
If anyone would like to accept the nomination here, the rules to follow are…
– Place the Leibster Award picture from above onto the top of your post, say who nominated you and list their site.
– List 11 random facts about yourself.
– Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Leibster award and list their sites.
– Notify the bloggers of their awards.
– Ask the award nominees that you have chosen 11 questions to answer to accept their award.
– Answer the 11 questions left by the blogger who nominated you.
My question for my nominees:
1. Do you have a favorite topic to write about?
2. When did you start writing?
3. What are your feelings about this nomination?
4. How do you deal with writers block?
5. When are you the most happy?
6. When was the last time you danced, and what was the song?
7. What’s your favorite book?
8. Why/When did you start blogging?
9. Have you ever wanted to quit writing?
10. What is your favorite post from your own site? Or do you have a favorite?
11. Have you ever tried to get published?
Congratulations to everyone nominated!!!